Digital Photography: Back to the Basics instructor: Stanley Lapa
Professor Stanley Lapa (Emeritus professor at Iona College, New Rochelle, NY) holds a M.F.A. degree in photography from Brooklyn College. He has taught photography for over 25 years and has exhibited widely in the NY city area. He currently teaches photography courses online as an adjunct for Iona College.
This course is designed for the beginner or for the hobby photographer who wants to sharpen basic skills. Content will be custom-fit to the individual needs of the individual participants and may include some of all of the following topics:
• Types of cameras, SLR’s, phone cameras, lenses, settings.
• Exposure, composition, design.
• Work flow, importing photos to the PC.
• Photo editing using user-friendly software (not a course in Photoshop.)
• Photography as a means of self-expression.
• Making a printed album via online services such as Shutterfly.
• Individualized feedback and critique of student photographs.
This course will run on 3 consecutive Saturdays, from
10am till noon, April 29, 2017, May 6, 2017, and May 13, 2017.
Limit: 5 Students.
Location: Gallery 96
Call Julie Jackson at 248-8128 to enroll